My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family

Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to Gavin!


I can't believe that Gavin is already 4 years old.. where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday that I had this sweet baby boy.. and now he's growing up so fast! This is a picture of Gavin on his actual birthday (Jan. 7). We had pizza and ice cream cake at our house. Jason, Laney, and I were there to celebrate with him along with Nanny Jen, Poppy Randy, Mamaw Frankie, Papaw Johnny, Dot Dot, Uncle Jesse, and "Aunt" Ashley. He had a great time! When we sang Happy Birthday--he watched to make sure everyone was singing to him and shouted at those not singing to "Sing to Me"... was so cute! He was the "man of the day"! Jason and I woke him up singing Happy Birthday with his favorite waffles in bed--I stuck a candle in them and let him blow it out.. of course we had to re-light it and sing to Laney and let her blow it out.. She didn't understand and argued that it was her birthday too! :)


Before heading off to school we gave him his "other" gifts from us that he didn't open at his birthday party.. He got a "REAL" bb gun and a new pair of ropers! He was soooo excited.. oh and Laney got a new baby doll for Gavin's birthday!



He is a boot loving fool! I'm telling you he has more pairs of boots than I have shoes! He loves them sooo much.. He WILL NOT wear anything else but boots! I have given up on even trying!




These are two of the many pics from his actually birthday party. We had his party at the gym of dreams again this year.. It's just so much easier than taking the chance of planning a party somewhere else and the weather being too cold.. and the kids all love the Gym of Dreams so much! (also easier on the whole setup and cleanup of things!) We invited lots of kids from church and had a great turn out! Thanks to all who came and helped him celebrate! Every year I ask Gavin what kind of cake he wants.... this year he wanted an "army cake"! I have always had Annie P. make the cake and in the past we have had a 3D bear cake, 3D Tow-mater (from CARS) cake, and last year a 3D horse/cowboy cake...she does a super-duper job! Well this year I ordered his 3D army cake from her and when I called to go get it he morning of the party.... found out that Annie P. had forgot :0 (she had been pretty sick the few days before and let it slip her mind).. Anyway of course I did a good bit of crying because I didn't know what we would do, but as you can see my WONDERFUL mom pulled through--calmed me down-- and took care of it. It was not the 3D cake that I had hoped for but it was absolutely perfect and Gavin was so thrilled over it! Thanks mom--you are the bestest!
Gavin had a wonderful birthday and I'm looking forward to many, many, many more to come.. just hate to see him grow up so fast! Happy Birthday Baby! Mommy love you bunches!









No comments:

Post a Comment